Why do you need a Cervical Pillow?
An adequate amount of sleep leads to a healthy lifestyle. Sleep plays a major part in how you function every day. If you slept well the previous night you will be in a good mood throughout the day. But it is also true that the various changes happening around us over the past decade have shaped our sleeping customs differently. Because of the upsurge in technology, we are constantly in touch with the screens. It is, of course, harmful to sit and stare at the screens because in a way we are letting them take control of us and sacrificing our sleep and good posture.
When sleep seems like a distant dream you should switch to cervical pillows to help you lull to a satisfying sleep. A cervical pillow also known as Orthopaedic Pillow is specially used for keeping your spine in alignment and relieving neck pain and backaches. Finding the best pillow for yourself might do the trick and help you improve your neck pain leading to a good amount of sleep.
Advantages of Cervical Pillows:
A cervical pillow is exceptionally useful when you are suffering from a lack of sleep and back aches. The pros of cervical pillows are as follows;
- Cervical Pillows provide proper alignment to the neck and back. Pillows like Thomsen Classic are designed for you to support your neck and head while sleeping. A good pillow will secure your position and posture, this will result in you getting rid of uncomfortable angles leading to back pain. Due to the right alignment of the neck and spine, you will be relieved from lower back pain.
- Orthopaedic pillows like Ortho Plus at Thomsen are adjustable, you can adjust the height of such pillows according to your choice and reduce strains that come from sleeping on a pillow not suitable for you.
- At Thomsen, you will find pillows made from premium quality materials such as Vita Talalay Latex and Polyurethane. These materials provide a surface that is open-porous and breathable. Because of these qualities, the baby pillows are also safe for children.
- You can choose different pillows for different sleeping styles. As these pillows can be used for people who prefer sleeping on their sides as well as for people who sleep on their backs. There are pillows of unique and innovative designs such as Anti-snoring pillows and Tinnitus pillows used for subsiding snores and ringing in the ears, respectively.
- Relieves cervical pain to a greater extent, providing much-needed comfort to the neck region. Due to this, you will be able to sleep peacefully and you won't suffer from headaches or migraines caused by sleepless nights. These pillows not only help you by reducing the soreness of muscles but also improve your sleep quality to a greater extent.
- Neck pillows are especially travel friendly and you can take these pillows with you on trips. This pillow will help reduce stiffness in the neck by supporting your neck and head if you drift off to sleep in a car or bus.
Disadvantages of Cervical Pillows:
As much as there are pillows brimming with comfort, these pillows might have some drawbacks that you would have to deal with if you are thinking of doing pillow shopping. Here are some of the cons of cervical pillows;
- Not every size of pillow might fit you. You have to be very careful of your needs while purchasing a pillow. You don't want a pillow that would make sleeping uncomfortable for you. Also, see if the pillow material has the right amount of firmness and softness so that you can find the cushions soft and cosy.
- Comfort should be your priority and there are no compromises to be made when it comes to quality. The science behind the use of different pillow materials affects sleep quality too. We use Talalay Latex which is one of the finest materials which is not only breathable but also dust and allergy-proof. Everything that is at its finest has a high value so the orthopaedic pillows might be a little costly.
- Some pillows might be a little difficult to maintain, but to reap all its benefits you must take great care of the pillow. A cervical pillow should be washed often to remove any dirt or oil on it. The covers of the pillow should be changed on alternate days. That should not be a problem as Thomsen pillows come with removable covers, you can easily remove and wash them.
How to Evaluate the Advantages and Disadvantages of Cervical Pillows
Not everything needs to be either too good or too bad, something should fall in between so that it proves to be beneficial for you. There should be a right blend between the upsides and downsides of cervical pillows. You can find it by trying different alternatives and see what fits the best for you. You have to keep many factors while picking the pillow that is made for you. The factors include consulting a professional if you suffer from neck pain or back aches frequently. They will advise you on the right kind of orthopaedic pillow that might help you get rid of the pain and discomfort in the body.
You should also check the size and height of the pillow and see if it is comfortable enough for you to sleep with. Know what you are actually looking for, and consider your needs and preferences for the pillow. Then have an insight into its advantages and disadvantages, and see if the disadvantages are weighing more than the advantages. Have a trial of the pillow before actually using it.Consider your comfort level and try out pillows as per your choice. Thoroughly research about the material used in the pillow and the purpose it is going to serve.
Apart from all that, the safety and durability of the material should be on your priority list as the pillows are on the expensive side so you should invest in something that proves to be fruitful in the long run. Everything, from pillows to mattresses, at Thomsen is OEKO-TEX certified, making it free from any harmful substances or chemicals. You can choose the best pillow and relish the exemplary experience of sleeping without worry and pain.