A good sleep on the right and comfortable mattress along with a good orthopaedic pillow is all you need to make your day an amazing one. Sleeping plays a vital role in our day-to-day life. To stay healthy we need to sleep sufficiently. But does sleeping for longer hours equal sleeping well? Well, it isn't always the case, and that is why good quality mattresses contribute a lot to the enhancement of your sleep. Mattress comes in different types and two of them are latex mattress and memory foam mattress. Let us start with discussing the mattresses available and help you choose the best mattress for yourself among so many different options.
What is Latex and Memory Foam Mattress?
A latex mattress is a good choice for your body's comfort. Made up of natural latex materials particularly Talalay Latex, their supportive and responsive qualities tend to adjust to your body shape while maintaining a great level of bounce and fluffiness. These mattresses have pressure relieving points which are a great help for people with back and joints pain. They are durable, hypoallergenic in nature and resistant to dust and mites making them a a prevalent choice among people searching for a great, comfortable and a satisfying sleep.
If you are looking for a sound-sleep that is free from any type of discomfort, then a Memory foam mattress is all you need. A memory foam mattress helps you to attain the right posture and correct spinal alignment by alleviating pressure points and releasing all the tension in your body. It encourages your preferred sleeping position of the body which makes sleeping a comfortable experience and eliminates neck and spine pain.
At Thomsen, you will find different Latex mattresses combined with HR foam to give you a rich experience of sleeping on a comfortable surface without you having to worry about back or neck pain. These Thomsen mattresses comes in different sizes for both children and adults. As for babies, Latex baby mattresses are available which can be set on their cribs or beds and used by them for a relaxed and comfortable sleep.
What are the benefits of Latex mattresses and Memory Foam Mattress?
What makes you sleep better at night? This question might not be something you have given much thought to but a good night's sleep contributes to attaining a greater well-being. Sleeping properly is a magic recipe that makes up a healthy lifestyle. Know what will offer you great comfort in the time of a promising night's sleep. Let us get deeper into knowing what suits you the best. We will start by discussing the advantages of latex and memory foam mattresses.
Benefits of Latex Mattress:
- Latex mattresses ensure better regulation of body temperature during sleep, they have an open cell structure which allows better air circulation and keeps the body cool during hot, humid nights. And in winters your body remains warm.
- For those who are prone to allergies latex mattresses are a great choice as they are resistant to dust, mites and mould as the natural material is hypoallergenic. The surface of such mattresses provide enough ventilation which does not retain any moisture content which is safe for both adults and babies.
- They provide proper spinal alignment, conforming to your body shape. Latex mattresses are great at supporting neck and spine keeping away any kind of pain or discomfort to your body.
- Made from quality natural material, they are generally durable and have a long-lasting life span. They prove to be a great investment.
- They improve blood circulation in the body by the help of pressure relief points. The proper flow of blood in the body lessens the discomfort and pain a lot.
Benefits of Memory Foam Mattresses:
- Memory Foam mattresses come in a variety of sizes and shapes, you can try different sleeping positions of your choice with these mattresses as they are adaptable with all.
- Some memory foam mattresses are infused with cooling properties to prevent overheating and regulate proper body temperature which helps in keeping the body cool in extreme heat.
- If you are sharing a bed with someone who has a habit of tossing and turning, then a memory foam mattress could be your knight in shining armour as they absorb vibrations across the surface caused by movement and prevent disturbances and don't interfere with your sleep.
- They relieve stress from the neck and shoulder region as they adapt according to your neck and head's shape. By providing proper neck support and encouraging side sleeping they reduce snoring to a greater level.
- Good quality memory foam mattresses don't lose their supportive qualities easily and provide comfort for a longer duration.
Difference between Latex and Memory Foam Mattresses:
Latex and memory foam mattresses are an ever-increasing and popular choice among people. Now to clarify what goes best with your preference, budget, sleeping style, and requirements, here are some of the key points.
1. Latex is generally derived from rubber trees making it a a raw material whereas memory foam is made up of synthetic materials that conforms according to your body's shape.
2. Latex is more breathable, keeping the sleeping environment cool as compared to memory foam which tends to trap heat a little which might seem a bit warm at first.
3. Latex provides consistent support with the perfect combination of stiffness and softness, while memory foam generally offers comfort to targeted pressure points conforming to body's curves.
4. Latex mattress is often eco-friendly as it is made from natural material whereas some of the memory foam mattresses can be environment friendly depending upon their manufacturing process.
5. Latex mattresses are quite expensive as they are sourced through sustainable plantations while memory foam price usually depends on your preference, there are budget friendly options too.
6. Latex has minimal odour whereas memory foam might contain a chemical odour when they are new which is not harmful as long as the product is certified.
7. Latex offers great motion isolation but memory foam mattresses are amazing in absorbing vibrations caused by motions. Both the mattresses are great for light sleepers.
Myths about Latex and Memory Foam Mattress
There are certain myths about both latex mattress and memory foam mattress that needs to be addressed well.
1. Latex is generally less durable.
If you buy a high-quality latex mattress they could be quite durable and can last longer for a great amount of time without you having to put a lot of efforts.
2. Difficult to move and heavy in weight.
They could be heavier than the other traditional mattresses but some of the latex mattresses are designed with handles making them easy to move around.
3. Latex trap heat.
Latex mattresses have open-cell structures which permit greater airflow and are best at regulating body temperatures as compared to older versions that tend to retain heat.
4. Can trigger latex allergies.
Latex made up of natural material can cause allergies in some people but many latex mattresses are made up of high quality mixture of both natural and synthetic materials which undergoes a test thus reducing the risk of allergies.
Memory Foam Mattresses
1. Memory foam mattresses are only for back pain.
Memory foam mattresses are generally recommended to people having back issues but they can be used for discomfort and aches throughout the body.
2. Memory Foam is less durable.
When the mattresses are handled with care and are of high quality they can have a good life-span and work well for a long-long time without getting ruined easily.
3. Memory Foam doesn't provide enough support.
Memory foam generally contours to your body shape and offers relief to targeted pressure points, thus contributing to a peaceful sleep.
4. Heat Retention:
Older versions of memory foam used to have issues of heat retention but now many new versions are designed with cooling properties to overcome this problem.
At Thomsen, you will get the quality you are aiming for. We make sure our customers get the finest of quality with highest safety standards. Our mattresses are made with German technology, matches the safety standards and are ÖEKO-TEX certified. To have the best sleep, without compromising your needs and health is something everyone deserves. That is why you should choose the orthopaedic pillows and mattresses that fit perfectly with your preferences. Now you can relax and sleep on the problem of finding the right mattress for your bed by choosing latex mattresses. Your priorities and preferences will be well taken care of.